Finally made it to the last month of the review. I wanted to wait until after I celebrated the New Year to reflect on December (and because I figured I would have something funny to talk about related to my celebrations).
Thanks to everyone who has read these posts! I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. And a special thanks to the people who made this past year so special. I can’t wait to make more memories with you in 2012!
My friend Courtney held a bar crawl for her birthday in Cambridge and it just so happened to coincide with SantaCon, which if you haven’t heard about this before, let me enlighten you. Essentially, hundreds of people get dressed up like Santa, Christmas trees, Jesus (with a birthday hat on) and other types of holiday hilarity and get wicked drunk. It’s that simple. And so much more entertaining than I could even begin to describe.
I came back home to Rochester, NY for holiday break. This was the longest visit home I’ve had since I moved to San Jose in 2009, so it was really nice to be able to see lots of people and have 1:1 time with folks I haven’t spent much time with over the last two and a half years.
Highlights of the trip included:
- Party at Joe Dorney’s house
- Christmas eve/Day with family
- Party at Rachel’s apartment
- Taking my grandmother out to lunch at the Garland
- Catching up with Lancers folks
- Bob’s mini birthday party in the city
- Lunch with Zep at Aladdin’s
- Syracuse visit to see Chris, Andy, Erica and Colin
- Baker/LaPenna family dinner at Krony’s
- Wine tasting with Rachel (D)
I spent New Years out in Rochester with friends from high school. We partied at my buddy’s apartment then after midnight we headed out to Monroe Ave. Unfortunately we weren’t able to get into Oxford’s, so we went to The Thirst Parlor down the street. It was a pretty low key New Years, which was totally fine by me. I’m thankful I was able to ring in the new year with the people that were with me (I am bummed Evan couldn’t make it though…)
- PIC Party
- City Year Holiday Party
- Secret Santa and Yankee Swap
- Fisher Alumni Event/Bills Game in Boston